Ana Lucía Fariña is a natural born Costa Rican citizen. You can catch her somewhere in the world, given her nomadic free soul; she is constantly on the move. She is currently based in Bali, Indonesia most of the time.
She is the founder of Pranaluz Conscious Living, dedicated to support individuals in the path of awakening to a conscious life, by offering retreats, classes, courses, trainings , coaching and workshops rooted on Conscious living an integrative holistic practices in diverse sacred places of the planet.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- EYT- 500 hrs certified and registered Experienced Yoga Teacher since 2009.
- Graduated from her 200 & 300 hrs programs from Nosara Yoga Institute in Costa Rica 2009 & 2010
- Additional education in: Iyengar & Hatha Yoga, Yoga for children, Yoga Dance, Aerial Yoga, Yin Yoga, Yoga therapy, Prenatal and Postnanal.
- Asana focus on alignment and adapting the poses to meet the individual needs.
- Student and practitioner of the Mahayana Tibetan Buddhism, Meditation and Mindfulness.
- Her teachings are very much inspired on Tibetan buddhism and Advaita Vedanta.
- Worked 9 years in corporate multinational business.
- Holds an MBA from Costa Rica, and a Master of Arts in Environmental Leadership from Buddhist University Naropa in Boulder, CO. U.S.A.
- Tour leader since 2008, has lead cultural & spiritual trips throughout Central American countries, Mexico, Panama and South East Asia, India & Bali, Indonesia.
- Spent most her life learning, practicing and studying from diverse masters and teachers such as: Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, The Dalai Lama, Sri Mooji, and from the Shambhala, Tibetan, Vipassana and Mahayana traditions.
- Kirtan and Bhakti yoga practitioner ( plays piano, guitar, harmonium and sings).
OUR FACILITATORS & FACULTY FOR OUR RETREATS, COURSES AND PROGRAMS
Jonathan Matahi Lefevre, Osteopath - Tahiti
Jono/ matahi was born in Tahiti and grew up with hippie parents between Polynesia, Bali, and India. After a long formative period of traveling across Asia and studying meditative practices with Theravadan monks and Earth medicine with Indonesian shamans, he eventually went into more academic training. He graduated from the Kimura Shiatsu Institute in Japan, studied biology at the University of San Diego, and became an osteopath at the British School of Osteopathy. His work combines various elements and techniques from all these different traditions, but he specializes in myofascial osteopathic work and shamanic emotional release. When not working in his private practice or surfing, Jono also teaches various bodywork seminars, and both anatomy and philosophy aspects of yoga. Jono is PRANALUZ YTT program co-leader.
Ben Mackinnon, Nurse & Yoga teacher- New Zealand
Ben became involved in Hatha, Iyengar and later Vinyasa Yoga over 20 years ago after being diagnosed with a spinal degeneration disorder by mainstream healthcare. A close family friend recommended yoga and this became the tonic that allowed him and continues to allow him to live the active lifestyle he enjoys along with managing his body's ups and downs. He is an accredited Vinyasa Yoga teacher along with being a certified Personal Trainer and Massage Therapist and thus holds a strong education in human anatomy. He also has a Bachelor Science in Nursing working in mental health and teach Yoga and meditation to those struggling with PTSD, depression and anxiety.
Valeria Sumar, Nutritionist- Chile
Valeria studied Nutrition and Dietetics to fulfill her passion and vocation in helping others. She believes that diseases spring forth from 5 elements (personal, social, physical, emotional and eating). Emotions, habits of life, our environment and the relationship with our environment are what directly influences our food and wellbeing.
Her approach to wellness is a holistic integration of all that through natural, energetic, clean and nutritious food. She works through the emotional, relationships, environmental and lifestyle aspects. Coming from Chile, valeria lives in Bali working with clients from all over the world, guiding them in wellness, nutrition and mindful eating.
Manuel Gomez Solera, M.A. - Costa Rica
Somatic Counseling Psychologist who focuses on promoting the functional unity of the mindbody and the energetic processes that sustain it. This process of unification and synchronization leads clients to experience higher levels of functioning, creativity and integrity in life. His work in private practice is characterized by the exploration of bodily sensations, movement, and verbal techniques to promote positive change. Manuel’s work is further supported by a strong mindfulness background that guide clients to sharpen self-awareness and cultivate internal resources so they may better navigate life’s situations with spontaneity and skill.